January 2017 Update
I know that many of you heard from prospective schools before or during the Christmas break. To help us keep track of student placement, please complete this brief survey: » High School Decision Survey
We will be following up with families who still need help with placement for next year. I have not heard any more information about help with uniforms and I have received a number of calls about this. I will be working on this issue with the Archdiocese in the coming weeks and once information is known I will share with you.
Please note that to receive your financial assistance from the Archdiocese and Seton Keough for the 2017-2018 school year, each family will need to apply through the FACTS Grant and Aid application process by February 28th. This is the same process you would do if you were returning to Seton Keough. The website for the application is https://online.factsmgt.com and a fee of $30 is required. Please remember to select the name of the new school your daughter will be attending for next year to ensure the funds are directed correctly. New this year is the requirement that FACTS will now require a W-2 from each applicant and co-applicant, not one or the other as in years past. This is across the Archdiocese.
- Archdiocesan aid will follow students for the remainder of their high school career at a Catholic high school in the Archdiocese of Baltimore beginning with the 2017-2018 school year.
- Seton Keough Endowment will support Seton Keough Scholarships and tuition assistance for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Catholic high schools in the Archdiocese of Baltimore will honor Seton Keough current tuition rate and fees for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Parents are welcome to call individual schools to set up shadow days. Several of the schools have set aside special days for Seton Keough students already. Students will be allowed to return to school if they are shadowing at another school to participate in after school activities.
- Each student will receive an unofficial copy of her transcript with her report card that will be mailed home after first quarter.
- Once you decide which school(s) you are applying to please fill out a Transcript Release Form and return to the Front Office. We will also supply each school with the amount of scholarship and other tuition assistance each family receives from SK and the AOB.
- Any family who is still undecided or wants individual counsel from Seton Keough please call Cathy Toplanchik at 443-602-3237 and she will set up an appointment.
- The Catholic high schools will do a rolling acceptance process with an end date of January 13, 2017.
- The Archdiocese is working with Flynn & O’Hara to get gift cards for Seton Keough families to help supplement purchase of new uniforms.
- Families should not rule out a school based on transportation. The Archdiocese will determine the best course of action regarding transportation accommodations once they see which schools the students are attending next year.
- St. Frances – iPad
- Mercy – iPad
- Mount Carmel – bring your own device or rent from the school
- Catholic – iPads (school owned), but will work with SK students who own an iPad
- IND – Lenovo tablet, but open to working with SK students on using their iPads
- Maryvale – iPad
- Cristo Rey – none
- NDP – laptop program, iPad would not be as robust, will work with SK students with iPads
- Mount de Sales – tablets, iPads should work
- St. Mary’s – iPad